Monday, August 15, 2011

Self Portraits - Student Work

These incredible works were done by my 2nd year 2-D students at the end of the school year.  The piece had to look like them and I asked them to do them in their favorite medium or if they wanted media.  
The beauty above and below was created by the very talented sophomore Hannah Park.  She combined watercolor with Prismacolor pencils.  I was so impressed with the caliber of this piece. 
The cutie above was done by another sophomore Cindy Kim.  I feel she was really able to capture herself in water based pastels.  I love that she made 3 pieces and them hooked them all together in a very pleasing way.
I was also really impressed with senior Elise Engly who made the self portrait above.  Such a clever composition as well as great technical skill.  Below senior Kevin Aquilo decided he wanted to do both he and his girlfriend in a very loose watercolor style he's got going on.  Fun piece Kevin!

No comments:

Post a Comment