Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Soldered Glass - Student Work

My 2nd year 3-d kids learn to silver solder around glass so that by the time they are in the 4th level 3-d class they are expert with the soldering iron.  This piece was senior Ashley Morris' work from 2 years ago that I'm just now getting blogged.  She was in the 4th  level class and took some beautiful papers and free form machine quilted on them, cut them up and then soldered them into this wall hanging.  Sorry it took me so long to get this up Ashley.
This year in my 3rd level 3-D class senior Olivia Hill first made a striking collage, cut it up...
and then soldered into this sweet bracelet below.
Senior Angeline Tran soldered and put together this very cool bracelet above,
And senior Breeana Johng designed and soldered this amazing lantern.
I can't remember if she did her own watercolor work or if she found this paper that she stitched on...
but the result was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment